Trans. Nonferrous Met. Soc. China 27(201 7) 946 −953 Copper smelting mechanism in oxygen bottom-blown furnace Qin-meng WANG, Xue-yi GUO, Qing-hua TIAN School of Metallurgy and Environment, Central South University, Changsha 410083, China
enriched flash smelting furnaces to yield "matte" of as much as 65 percent copper content. The iron in this matte is oxidized in a converter to 3 Table 2.1-1: Primary Copper …
Main Mineral Processing and Extractive Metallurgy Oxygen pressure in the Outokumpu flash smelting furnace—Part 1: copper flash smelting settler Mineral Processing and Extractive Metallurgy 2001 / …
In both copper and copper/nickel smelting, matte from the flash furnace is processed further in conventional converters to produce blister copper or copper/nickel matte for subsequent refining. Slag from the flash furnace usually contains a percentage of
The ISASMELT process is an energy-efficient smelting process that was jointly developed from the 1970s to the 1990s by Mount Isa Mines Limited (a subsidiary of MIM Holdings Limited and now part of Glencore plc) and the Australian government''s Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation ("CSIRO").").
· Flash smelting <ul><li>Flash smelting is a smelting process for sulfur -containing ores </li></ul><ul><li>The process was developed by Outokumpu in Finland for smelting copper ore </li></ul><ul><li>The process uses the autogenic principle by using the energy contained in the sulfur and iron for melting the ore </li></ul><ul><li>In the process dried and powdered ore is discharged …
The production of copper in the flash smelting process is accompanied with a large amount of copper-rich slag, which has to be treated with the aim of copper recovery. Copper flash smelting consists of blowing fine, dried copper sulphide concentrate and silica flux with air, oxygen-enriched air or oxygen blast into a hot (≈1500K) hearth-type furnace, (see Figure 1).
The Top Copper Smelting Countries in the World -1976 ( Typically, mine sites had their own captive smelters – many of these smelters now closed) 4 1976 - USA No. 1 producer Chile No. 3, Japan No. 4, Canada No. 6 (In the mid-1970s, China produced less than 20
· Flash smelting accounts for over 50% of copper matte smelting globally. It involves blowing oxygen-rich air, dried Cu-Fe-S concentrate, silica flux and recycled materials into a …
· Outotec delivered design, proprietary equipment, installation and commissioning supervision for the Nadezhda Nickel Flash Smelting furnace No: 1 in Norilsk. The equipment delivery consisted of concentrate Loss-in-Weight feeders, silica feeders, high intensity concentrate burner, cooling elements, Process advisor, Proscon automation and Sentinel Furnace monitoring system.
· According to the innate characteristic of four types of furnace, the copper flash continuous smelting (CFCS) furnace can be considered a synthetic reactor of two relatively independent processes: flash matte smelting process (FMSP) and copper continuous converting process (CCCP).
Flash smelting furnaces are widely used in copper production. In flash smelting process, concentrate, oxygen enriched air and flux are fed to reaction shaft, where the materials melt forming copper matte and slag. These form two immiscible layers in a settler, where heavier matte is at the bottom. Phenomena in the reaction shaft are well […]
• Until 2000''sflash smelting technology represent most of the smelting preferences in new operations. • Since, most of the new smelter prefer bath smelter, mostly Ausmelt/Isasmelt® furnaces and Chinese reactors. 3 8 13 8 9 6 3 4 3 0 2 4 6 8 10 12 14 s Bath
In March 2012 a combined BHP Billiton and Hatch team embarked on a program to improve the concentrate burner efficiency of BHP Billiton''s Olympic Dam copper flash smelting furnace. A multi-faceted approach including an analysis of the furnace using operational knowledge and first principles engineering led to the design and supply of a new central-lance (disperser).
· China Blast Furnace Cooling Stave supplier, Isa Ausmelt Copper Cooling Water Jacket, Water-Cooled Power Feed Contact Manufacturers/ Suppliers - Luoyang Hengzheng Copper Co., Ltd Welding Electrode/Electrode/Welding Electrodes, Welding Rod/Welding ...
Abstract: According to the innate characteristic of four types of furnace, the copper flash continuous smelting (CFCS) furnace can be considered a synthetic reactor of two relatively independent processes: flash matte smelting process (FMSP) and copper
operation, twenty three flash furnaces are in operation at the twenty two copper smelters (Saganoseki Smelter has two flash furnaces). Tab.1 and Fig.5 show whereabouts of these copper smelting flash furnaces in operation. 6. Improvements of fl ash furnace
China Copper Smelting Furnaces catalog of Jx- Copper Scrap Circular Tilting Refining Furnace with Price, JXKJ- Copper Scrap Circular Tilting Refining Furnace provided by China manufacturer - SICHUAN JIUXUN TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD., page1.
Separating copper and arsenic has always been a major problem in the copper slag flotation process, which influences copper slag utilization and the environmental safety. A comparative study of flash smelting furnace (FSF) slag and its flotation products (concentrate and tailing) reveals the factors …
The temperature in the furnace can reach 1500 C. Flash furnace smelting combines the operations of roasting and smelting to produce a high grade copper matte from concentrates and flux. Most of flash furnaces use the heat generated from
The smelting furnaces used in the process are comprised of single burners or burner field systems for auxiliary firing operated with air, oxygen-enriched air or oxygen as an oxidising agent. In the oxyfuel process, the combustion processes are carried out by means of an oxygen burner (oxyfuel burner) which is operated with pure oxygen or oxygen-enriched air as an oxidising agent.
of copper, lead, iron, cobalt, chromium, zinc etc. recov-ery [3 - 11]. A typical feature of slag that is formed dur-ing copper flash smelting is not only a higher copper content (above 12 %) – increased contents of lead and iron are also observed. The slag isFe alloy.
Requirements in Proven and New Copper Processesreport prepared for the U.S. Department of Energy, contract no EM-78 -S-07.1 743, De-cember 1980. furnaces cuts total smelting and refining energy requirements by one-third. The use of leaching and solvent
1 Smelting applications of DC arc furnaces Rodney Jones Mintek, Randburg, Johannesburg, South Africa Mintek (Established 1934) •Government-owned minerals research organization •Employs ~775 people (300 professionals) •Annual
most demanding processes are flash smelting and the Mitsubishi process, which require dry concentrates (<0.5% moisture).1 Reverberatory furnaces can tolerate a maximum of 7% moisture in the feed; and ISA furnaces and Noranda reactors, up to 10%
In the smelting process, calcines are melted with siliceous flux in a flash smelting furnace to produce copper matte, a molten mixture of cuprous sulphide, ferrous sulphide, and some trace elements. Matte contains usually 35–65% of copper.
Refractory Material for Furnaces in Smelting Industry Type. 1. Refractroy Material for Blast Furnace. Blast furnaces are widely used in the refining process of metals such as copper, lead, lead, zinc and antimony. The blast furnace consists of a furnace roof, a furnace body, a bed (also called a throat), a hearth, and a tuyere device.
· This model has been incorporated into a general computational fluid dynamics code to calculate flow field and particle trajectories needed to simulate the smelting process in flash furnaces. In this model, Lagrangian approach was used to handle solid particles and droplets of liquid fuel charged, while Eulerian framework was used to handle the gas phase flow field.
· 1. Introduction. The flash smelting process is widely used throughout the world for copper production, accounting for about 50% of global capacity for primary copper production . A Copper Smelter in China has operated an Outotec type flash smelter for about 30 years.
1999 marked the 50th anniversary of the Outokumpu flash-smelting process. Originating during the post-World War II energy crisis, flash smelting is a high- Flash smelting and converting furnaces: A 50 year retrospect | SpringerLink
Outotec Oy Press Release, Outotec to Deliver Copper Flash Smelting and Flash Converting Technology to China, 2011. Google Scholar 19. A.E. Wraith, C.L. Harris and P.J. Mackey, ...
copper, using the surrounding forest to supply energy for the process, and adding fluxing materials from areas close to the mines. • The smelting of copper sulfide ores in Cyprus lasted for more than 3500 years and produced more than 200 000 tons of
sists of three stationary furnaces in cascade, connected by launders. By adopting this multi-furnace system, smelting, slag cleaning, and converting operations can be carried out continuously under "ideal conditions" for efficient copper recovery and removal of
furnaces to smelt secondary copper containing resources. The use of smelting processes and equipment without smoke control measures is prohibited. (V) Where possible, encourage enterprises to develop smart factories ...
· Modern copper smelters use processed copper ore fed into a flash furnace, typically fired by oxygen which produces blister copper, being further processed in a converter furnace. Molten copper is poured from here into rectangular moulds, the resulting ingots
Flash Smelting Furnace 5 With high Sulphur capture coupled with economy of scale, Flash Smelting technology is world''s leading method for copper smelting. More than half of the world''s primary coper is produced by the flash smelting process. The process
One of the most common copper concentrate smelting furnaces is flash smelting furnace, which smelts over half of the world''s copper concentrates. The copper concentrate air or oxygen enriched air, and auxiliary fuel oil are charged into this furnace. Due to pyrolysis of copper concentrate, and the reaction of decomposed products with oxygen intake, a large amount of released heat causes the ...
China Copper Smelting Furnace manufacturers - Select 2021 high quality Copper Smelting Furnace products in best price from certified Chinese Furnace, Melting Furnace suppliers, wholesalers and factory on Made-in-China
Scrap Copper Smelting in China P13 3 The Scrap Copper Smelting Technologies in China Indirect reused: One process step for high-grade Process: The scrap copper directly into the smelting furnace and melted by oxidation, reduction and casting, output
1. Wide adaptability to raw material, from iron, copper, copper-nickel, zinc, lead and zinc-lead complex concentrate; 2. Application of rich-oxygen air blast offers high smelting temperature, enhances hearth capacity and generates high concentration SO 2 3.